View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 69
12-19-2010, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerV
Look me up in game with matthew,wraith or chlobug @strykerv. Galdy run the missions with you to get a feel of how they are. We don't need to be great players to beat missions. Just learn how to play the mission itself. I wouldn't call us elite STF'ers, I have seen some other fleets claim much faster times for the STF's then we run. As for PvP, my fleet isn't great. We are learning by trial and error and going on there and getting our tails handed to us. What about a "Fleet" are you reluctant about? I was in a fleet for two months and never knew I was. Then I found some guys I liked to play with and learned a whole lot more about the game. We don't make you do anything you don't want. You can come on for casual gaming and chat with us if you'd like and if a team gets ready for a STF you can join. We are not a role playing fleet is what I mean.

As for the borg sets, you can still craft the Aegis set if you want just like everyone else. I quote from a fleet mate "so... you want to put the sign that says "I completed the STFs" on your ship, but you don't want to do the STFs to get it?...does not compute. If you really want the borg set then you'll do what it takes to beat an STF.
I thank you all for the offers to complete the STF's...
I will try to look you up when I get my current toon up to RA.

I really enjoy leveling/grinding my way up through the ranks, this is my 6th time doing it. (Not counting my
Klingon)
I've retired my previous Fed. toons at RA and dumped thier unbound stuff into my mail account for future use when I think I might need it. So it will be awhile before I'm ready to try and tackle the STF's again.

My point is that for the Dev's to now put Extra-Special rewards into a part of the game that most players have a very slim chance of getting, after making Almost All other rewards available to "Everyone" through the regular aspects of game play and/or purchase, was Unfair...

I was not expressing a desire to have an "I Completed the STF's Sign" just given to me...
(and just a reminder, gaining these Special Rewards through the STF's Alone... WILL create an atmosphere of Elitism among those who are able to obtain them and those who are not.)

I am expressing a desire to have another "Solo Avenue" (and not necessairly an easier one) within the game to obtain said Special Rewards.

Perhaps every time a player destroys 500 or 1000 or 5000 BORG Ships one piece of the set could be the reward.

I don't ever want Rewards to just be handed to me.., but I do desire there be a way to be able to obtain said Rewards through my particular game abilities.