View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-19-2010, 10:25 AM
Personally, I think if missions were authored and categorised based on their content (Science, Tactical, Engineering) there might be a better way to get an audience for your work.

For example if your mission contains zero combat (as all my efforts to date have) and are focused on scientific areas of the Federation with a bit of fix-it interaction with objects at science outposts, I would like to be able to categorise it a science mission.

I'd also like to be able to browse the Science and Engineering categories and would probably play a lot of those missions, since I find the combat in STO to currently be very tiresome.

I know everybody keeps going on about "oh, the Federation is at war, it's a war game" but ultimately, all Star Trek was always about exploration and diplomacy, no matter how often it was puncutated with battle.

"It's five year mission to explore strange, new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilisations" ring a bell?

And the war has to end some time. Fingers crossed there is some non-combat content being seriously developed by mid-late 2011 at the latest.