View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-22-2010, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xth3xr34p3rx View Post
in gen majority use voice chat; ventrillo, teamspeak, mumble etc and when puggin it can sometimes be a hassle to get a new person on the servers esp in pvp situations so they only talk with those already there and just those work together.

imo a smart player team will not need chat if they use thier eyes to moniter team health location and status and adapt to the situations. only critical info needs to be spoken really.
A lot of people hate using voice in game, myself included. It dimishes roleplay and why do I want to hear some 12 year old belching, farting, talking in a high pitched voice, arguing with someone on the phone while their mic is left on, etc.? Thanks but no thanks. I wish people would stop being so lazy and use text chat more. I understand voice chat has benefits for speed, but honestly it's not all it's cracked up to be. Further voice chat is additional overhead and on people's computers who can already not afford to lose further performance just to play the game, it adds yet more complexity and resource drain (regardless of how minimal). I also agree that in a lot of situations chat isn't really necessary if people pay attention and do what needs to be done.