View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyGreggy
Malcor wasn't a pre-warp society. They'd invented the tech, they'd built the ship, they just hadn't launched it yet. That wasn't what the question was referring to. So "First Contact" is the wrong episode to think. "Who Watches The Watchers" is the right one. There are other questions that do the same thing, rely on a single episode for their focus - there's one referencing replicated meat, which goes all the way back to such an early episode that Tasha Yar is in it.

And as for your other point, the entire game is based on episodes of the Star Trek series and films. Each fact, plot point, character etc comes from a particular part in TOS, TNG, DS9, Voy or ENT. That's Cryptic's source material, and ours too. As in all tests and exams, the most important thing is to read and comprehend the question. It's unfortunate that your mind jumped to the wrong, albeit similar-ish, one, but it was only 10 Diplo xp lost when all's said and done.
I have had this happen before with other FC missions. From now on, I will document the questions and available answer choices along with the actual choice I select. Only then can I be certain of what I suspect.
In one instance regarding Kahless, I went to the official Star Trek website for the answer. care to guess what cryptic thought of my selection? and that was based on information from the one source no one should contest.