Thread: Path-finding
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-26-2010, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
In tighter corridors and in entrance ways, NPCs get stuck.

Entrance ways and doors are a particular nuisance due to them staying there and need to have you herd them out.

Most interior missions in both the standard game and in the Foundry have this issue.
It's not only on tighter corridors, it's on any corridors. I've made a habit of 'swinging wide" whenever I go from a hallway and turn into a room, but even then my away team gets caught up on the doorway (and these are the HUGE doorways, mind you).

Half of my time on Foundry missions is spent going back to coax a BOFF off of a wall that has something sticking off of it (like a Klingon ship hallway for example). Several times I've had BOFFs get caught up behind consoles close to walls, and had to spend several minutes setting rally points to get them freed up.

Don't even get me started on hallways or rooms with piles of crates in them...freakin' nightmare.

Personally, I haven't had as much of a problem with this on Holodeck since just around launch. Seems they fixed it up mostly there.

I think for most of us this effectively ruins an otherwise great addition to the game, so it'd be wise to spend some time fixing this bug.