View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-29-2010, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
I haven't done that one yet. But do you get to fly it through a planet's atmosphere, land, step out of it and see it behind you on the ground as the OP wants? I doubt it :p
No, I don't expect to be able to fly a shuttle to a planet, land and then get out. What I was looking at was more along the lines of beam from my ship to the shuttle, then fly the shuttle within transporter range of the planet and beam down.

Or, fly the shuttle to the planet, then have the bridge officer (or the ship's computer if you are allowed someday to proceed without an away team) say "Ready to land the shuttle". When you transition to the planet map, the shuttle is behind you (you landed and stepped out). When you are ready to leave you click on the shuttle door and hit the 'Return To Orbit' button, and when you transition you are back in space at the helm of the shuttle.

So why bother fly a shuttle when you have your own ship? If you take your ship within transporter range of an enemy planet / base, you will be detected, the alarm sounded, etc. So you take the enemy shuttle instead.