View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-30-2010, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadmare
Hello,

I am an adult player returning to STO. I played the first 2 months, then left. I just returned 4 days ago, completely lost & rusty. I am a lvl 47 Admiral Eng, relearning the ropes and venturing though space in my NX-Galaxy.
Hi Shadmare

Your situation is not at all unique, and we've recruited quite a few members since Season 3's release who are coming back and perhaps are having to absorb everything once again. Not only do we have a lot of people you could lean on and ask questions, team up with and so on, but our active forum community is also a valuable resource for asking questions or seeking information.

Quote:
I am looking for a very active EST PvE/Raid guild with adult players. No objections against PvP, but would like to do and catch up with all the missions and PvE content I have missed. Casual team play and fun missions is what I like. Events and planned missions is all good.
We're an international fleet, so we don't target any one specific time zone. That said we have event co-ordinators in many major worldwide time zones, so we're able to offer events at various times of the day and night for maximum flexibility.

Quote:
I have played a lot of MMO's over the past 8 years, I have no problems with using Ventrillo, and depending on work & real life, I could play about 20+ hours a week during Winter.
At the {UFP} we use TeamSpeak 3 which we've generally found extremely competent over Ventrillo. We actively encourage people to use it, with or without a mic. So you'll find members online to speak with most times of the day. (Feel free to check us out at ts.ufplanets.com port 9987).

Quote:
I was guild leader in SWG, an officer in Vanguard & Warhammer, and I have no problems with team work, as long as I know what is going on. As long as I am free, forming a static group to farm or raid will be fun.
This is exactly why we like to plan events, make announcements and then ask people if they can attend. Much better to plan ahead then to keep all events sporadic (although naturally they do occur too).

Quote:
I am not on the forums everyday, but will check back soon. I also might have a real life friend returning too the game, that may need a guild.

/salute
You're more than welcome to invite others. As a fleet, we try to maintain a great amount of flexibility, so as not to turn away any one particular person. We ask for a monthly roll call to be signed, and beyond that people are free to participate as much or as little as they like.
Other than that, there are a myriad of ways to get involved if anyone wants to, and we're always up for hearing feedback.

For more information find us at www.ufplanets.com or you can contact me personally.

Kind Regards,