View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-03-2011, 03:41 AM
I've only just started playing a Klingon character after leveling two Starfleet officers so I haven't gotten to the point where I'm ready to grumble. However, as a mostly Starfleet player, I can imagine that the majority of Star Trek fans desire to play that faction because of the ethos of Star Trek: Exploration, Prime Directive, Helping others, etc. I know that I am that way for the most part. However, I thought I'd take a walk on the wild side as a Klingon and see what I was missing.

I'm currently at the tail end of a Lieutenant character and so far it's enjoyable to be wicked and blow up Federation forces or shoot them down like dogs on ground missions. However, there isn't a whole lot that feels different yet than when I was grinding up a Starfleet character -- other than fewer story based missions. I think the developers will add more and more content to the Klingon side but I imagine thar from a business angle, they have to concentrate on the majority of players rather than the more specialized ones.

I don't know what this will mean when the Romulans come on board as a playable faction -- will they merely be another version of Klingons with lesser quality gameplay or will they fix the mistake they made and add more content, hopefully using that to fix the Klingon side as well.