View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-05-2011, 08:34 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
The method is unfortunately patented and unless you are willing to pay for a sublicense (like Glen A Larson and George Lucas did), I cannot disclose this to you.
The only Orginization that I know of that could patent such a thing is the SFTI program and then only the particular tactics they teach, as other governments have/will use different tactics of thier own in combat.
So I could see Lucas and Larson having to buy a subliscence to use SFTI published flight tactics if they wished to portray them in the new WW2 movie of thiers, but the idea of any one person having a patent on combat tactics sounds silly.

Quote:
What kind of ship ideas do you still see for STO?
I merely wish for the Devs to represent the factions as being seriuosly involved in a war and to have intelligent vessel designs to reflect this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
snipped
The description given for the Vov in Genre makes it a vessel of conquest. A platform from which to launch ships, troops and all the resources needed laucnh a first strike into enemy controled territory or to conquer a planet in the name of the Empire. IMO the game doesn't really give it that persona very well.