View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-05-2011, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Why can't the feds just get a usable version of teh Typhoon?
Would feel just as bad, though. Imagine, the Federation having a better Negh'var than the Klingons?
Though I'd love to see that ship as a costume...

STO ship classification is really messed up. If we're already in dreamland, let me show you my vision of STOs ship tier progression:

Tier 1...............Tier 2.............Tier 3....................Tier 4...........................Tier 5
Miranda ------> Centaur ---> Saber ----------> Akira/Defiant -------> Prometheus/Hermes
Constitution -> Excelsior -> Ambassador -> Galaxy/Excalibur --> Sovereign/Emissary
Oberth --------> Nova ------> Intrepid ---------> Olympic/Nebula ---> Oracle/Luna

B'rel --------> QulDun ----> Norgh ------------> Ki'tang --------------> Hegh'ta/Refit-B'rel (but called K'vort)
B'rel --------> Somraw ---> Qorgh ------------> Pach ----------------> Qin/Guramba
B'rel --------> K'tanco ----> K'tinga -----------> Vor'cha -------------> Tor'Kaht/Marauder/Varanus
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------> Negh'var

That's right. No NX and no endgame Excelsior. In exchange for that, Feds get to branch out into two sub-categories at Tier 4 already. Also, the Vo'Quv gets replaced by a true hulking command cruiser Negh'var. Benefit of this whole chart: it actually feels like a ship evolution instead of the hodgepodge theme park we have now.