View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-06-2011, 04:36 PM
I am glad that there are more people are starting to voice an opinion on this topic. Good, Bad, or Indifferent, opinions should come out. And while I can't comment on all the different posts, there are a few that jump out at me that I want to respond to. Someone said something about the bunch of Galaxy-X's that are flying around space. Perfect example of something I have been speaking about. Can you name me another cruiser on the Federation side, that I can get without making additional purchases, that has a cloaking device? This would be an unfair advantage, which, if I wanted to nullify or have, I would have to buy the ship. And If I wanted to buy the ship, it'll cost the amount of two month subscriptions. Unless I want to sink more money into digital items, which are non transferable, I am stuck not being able to get that ship. Someone also said they are really greedy, being Cryptic, which is true, everybody is out to make money, however, I think this game might be loosely based on three groups of people. People who look at the microtransactions and refuse to pay, which may be small percentage, then there is the people who don't mind the C-Store and paying real world money for digital items, then there is the group who most likely don't even know what the C-Store is. Cryptic is hedging bets on the MIn/Max players, and the Startrek nuts that must have them all, and are using it to their advantage. I think that they while they might not make as much money producing expansions, as they do in the C-Store, producing an expansion would give an increased income at one time.

They are continually working on the game, which is good, any MMO should be doing this. And important bug fixes, along with patches is not something they should charge for either. However, they should not be trying to nickel and dime us to death, when most of this should be in an expansion type environment, that is accessible to all of us, without having to shell out $150+.