View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 658
01-07-2011, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
And this is and always has been essentially my point. They chose to make a two faction (potentially multi-faction) game and they can't go back on that now without some major repercussions. If you are going to make a faction based game, all factions need to be compelling game experiences for the game as a whole to thrive. We are getting closer to that point, but if we as a community or the devs ignore that this game has more than one faction, then there is a huge failure and ultimately STO fails.
It is getting a bit old with the "when is Cryptic going to stop ignoring the KDF"...

Not to single you out personally Varrangian, but in general there is a perception that the STO dev team is ignoring the KDF and I'd like to call bullcrap on that. Every update including and since Season 2 has had KDF goodness in it.

Will remastered episodes be only for the faction they were intended for? YES. Feds are NOT going to be replaying Gates of Grethor, and vice versa.

We all want two viable factions and more in STO, and as I've said repeatedly - it will take time - the KDF will never have as many episodes as the Feds in the short term, but we will continually make it better. Overnight armchair quarterbacks aside, the dev team is constantly improving the KDF for the 12% of our player base who play them.