View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-07-2011, 05:11 PM
All-in-all another good Ask Cryptic. Thanks dstahl for taking the time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Quote:
If we ever had an, "Ask the Cryptic Fans" - one of our questions would be "Why do players make their humans 6'4 or taller?"
Actually that's a good idea. You should start a thread entitled "Ask the Cryptic Fans", and ask us all of those little things you've always wanted to know.
Excellent idea dstahl/Peregrine_Falcon! A stickied Ask Cryptic Fans thread would be awesome! I'm totally /signed +1 on that.

As for my answer to your question about tall humans. Part of the answer is that I'm a tall person in real life (6'2") so anything shorter is a strange concept to me. My primary character is tall (I think he is a 6'4" human, heh), but I'm pretty sure most of my other characters (Captains & BOs) are shorter than 6'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
I always felt that my humans were too tiny if I didnt make them near 6 feet tall, even the females. I think its a result of the ENORMOUS Interior scaling in most ground maps. It just feels natural to make chars bigger than your guildlines in the tailor suggest...
I think this might also have something to do with it.

Also, when we set the height, we're only setting the base, right? I mean if we adjust leg and torso lengths (and to a less extent, head and feet size/height), then it actually can change our actual/overall height. Is it possible that somewhere we can see the Net Height for our character (after the body part adjustment)?