View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-08-2011, 06:39 AM
As I said in a previous thread on this subject:

I spent a lot of time with City of Heroes' Mission Architect. Both reviewing others' missions and reading other peoples' reviews of my missions.

First, a lot of people who review your missions will say things that are just stupid. They will criticize you for things that you have no control over. They will criticize you for a certain thing in your mission that they hate when the other 99 people who played your mission loved that same thing.

That's just how it is.

I've had people play my missions and then criticize me and rate my mission low because they didn't like the enemy faction that was in the mission. Well... if you hate Malta then why did you play the mission? It says right in the intro screen that you get to read before you ever accept the mission that Malta are in it.

That's just how it is.

Also, a lot of writers are very touchy and get offended at the slightest criticism. I've had people literally lose their marbles and send me a dozen tells because I mentioned a misspelling in their mission text. I've had people say "Oh yeah? Well I'm going to play your mission and give it a 1 star! How do you like that you [Warning Explicit Lyrics]!!!" simply because I gave their mission a well deserved low rating and even took the time to explain why and make suggestions on how they could improve their mission.

That's just how it is.