View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-08-2011, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
And also the default text response you get when the contact isn't being used in an objective or isn't placed in a marker that is currently an objective. On the other hand, contacts don't have animations, can't wonder (that's both good and bad though) or have jobs, so for now I'm usually ignoring contacts as well.
You do also run the risk of what might be coming up in the Foundry. By that I mean that, right now, we only have that one line of a dialogue, the default text. Well, in the future, we might be able to put in a conversation there instead, with multiple options, maybe a selection of default stores, that sort of thing.

So, in time, you might wind up having to change a bunch of them back to contacts. Of course, it is on Tribble, so it'll eventually all get nuked anyway, but...

That said, it'd probably be a good idea to /bug and/or post in the feedback forum that one should be able to set up idle contact anims a bit better. I should be able to, for example, set a base anim for a contact. And then add a second and third anim to play from time to time, with a weight and time between checks and such.