View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-08-2011, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I am curious where Cryptic licensed the music that they use on STO or if it's original.

I'm pretty sure Champions is licensed and City of Heroes' music was widely known to come from a royalty free music library after Ellen Degenres started using it on her talk show, prompting questions in the forums there.
Not sure about City of Heroes, but the music for City of Villains, Champions Online and Star Trek Online was all made by this guy: Kevin Manthei.

On a slightly related note, and what I wanted an answer to a while ago is, why is there only a small fraction of the in-game music playing now? At first I thought it was just me, but after asking some others there's a wide chunk of music that we'd used to hear playing during closed to open beta that just never does now. I'm mainly referring to battle music like the Romulan music tracks Romulan Battle 2, Romulan Battle 4 (though I hardly hear the other Romulan tracks either) and quite a few Borg ones too.

All I seem to get is the before mentioned awful opera sounding Cardassian battle track. It seems that not long after the game launched these tracks just disappeared, the Romulan ones in particular stood out because they actually felt intense and the two I mentioned incorporated the actual current STO theme.