View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havraha View Post
So I finally got to the rank with my Gorn character to play the Fek'lhri missions, which I wasn't exactly anticipating much because when they came out, the reaction on the forums was, by and large, "OMG if I wanted to play this crap I'd play WoW."
Uh, I do believe this general sentiment was directed at the "fantasy" aspect of these series, not the way these missions were done.

Don't get me wrong, I too think that this story-arc was awesome. But still I would prefer something more sci-fi'ish for the future. Doing this once was okay, as it is a pretty important aspect of Klingon culture and every Trek show had its "mystery" episodes - just saying that fantasy should never become a focus of K-side PvE just because Klingons are rather superstitious.

Another negative aspect was that this arc was entirely focused on Klingon characters.

I for one would like to see the sub-factions get fleshed out more. Not only with their own ships, but unique species-specific mission as well. They don't have to be as "big" as the real missions, but I could imagine a quick daily only accessible to a certain species (Orions go smuggle, Nausicaans raid a convoy, Klingons put down a rebellion on a conquered world, Gorn "liberate" ancient ruins on an abandoned colony from Federation scientists, ...). Or differing contact NPCs and slightly altered dialogue on "full" missions available to all, but still taking the player character's species into consideration.