View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 12 Hmmm
01-11-2011, 03:01 PM
It's been a long time since I've seen the (two episodes I think) that dealt with Stovokor and Gre'thor. I don't remember that she was dreaming the whole thing though. I'm willing to watch it again if I can figure out which one it is from my collection. But, as you say, if a real sword came out of a place then the place itself must be real.

I would rather Cryptic do a bunch of KDF episodes themselves that flesh out the other races of the Empire too, but I don't see that happening. The series they're doing seem to take so long that they don't seem to have the resources to do any more faction-specific episodes at all.

And yes, the other poster did just dump on the Foundry. I don't know yet just how robust the tools are but I do know Gorn are getting new cosmetic changes and there are plenty of character models they can use in making a Gorn episode, for example. We can just dismiss it all as fan-fic but I've heard good things about Foundry missions so far and I have no reason to believe that there wont be good episodes for the KDF amongst them. And what other choices do we have? Cryptic is going to put their resources into faction-agnostic missions for the foreseeable future before doing more KDF specific ones, if they ever get back to doing those. It's better utilization for their scarce resources to make missions for everybody right now. Of course, finding a new game is always an option, but I'm talking about playing STO for the long haul here. I'm certainly willing to give Foundry missions a chance before I write it off.