Thread: The Cure
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-13-2011, 01:18 AM
The cure is the most frustrating mission i've played in STO. The borg themselves are pretty easy and you can run through up to the gates in no time at all. But the gates... arrrggghhh they just get me worked up. I have only ever got past gate 3 once and i've never got past gate 4. The problem i see with it is that each group that spawns in is balanced for the whole team, yet you are often left with only one or 2 players to try and tank through the spawns whilst trying to stop the workers which makes it very near impossible to manage. Also, you are forced to stay in a relatively small area which makes it so easy for the borg to come up and chain stun you, even if you have hypos you can end up getting stunned for so long the workers have finished. The cure was fun the first time i tried it but now i can't stand it.

I finally finished it today after too many attempts and i have to say that the bosses are very easy, and it's fairly simple to see what you need to do and come up with good solutions that work, without being so easy you don't have to concentrate. They could do with a little bit of a difficulty ramp up but in general the bosses are fun and pretty much spot on. I still haven't got past the gates, but by joining up with a group who were on the boss already i was able to get full credit for the mission and finally see the storyline trough (i like it; it's getting interesting; i can't wait to see what happens in the next mission): i don't know if this is a bug or anything?