View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-17-2011, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
I think examples of the 47 conspiracy showing up in STO missions shows that there are some Star Trek writing traditions being continued in the game without most people even realising it. It shows that they are into Trek meta-level, more than just common things like knowing how to respond to Tellarites in dialogue.

Some of the storylines they've introduced are extremely creative in tying together things from the TV series, like the whole Preservers thing in the Deferi series - they tied together the Preserver storyline from TOS, and the advanced first humanoids from TNG's "The Chase" and merged them together in a plausible way, which continued both unexplored plot lines from Trek and brought them to us as a modern audience.

It felt very Trek-like to me.
The weeklies are pretty good, but that is not what we got at first. I've said already the weeklies are good, when they are available.

The game fails to implement Star Trek principles at a very basic level, there is no meta level of Star Trek. First of all you can't set phasors to stun. What is meta about that? It's not even Star Trek 101. Plus you go around and kill everything. That's not Star Trek 101 or even 100. There is no meta anything. LOL!