Thread: Idea about Borg
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-17-2011, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdidy View Post
You have to count in 2 things

1. It has been 30 years since the Borg was last seen, Starfleet is stronger than before.

2. The attack made during Endgame set the Borg back 30 years, which means that if you take that into account, the Borg we are facing now have just reached the technological point they where back during the late TNG-era. Which means that while the Federation has gotten stronger, the Borg has just healed themselves from that battle. So Starfleet has technically passed the Borg.

I would like to see them be able to adapt to our weaponry (as a resist buff).
No, the Federation has not passed the Borg technologically. While the Future Janeway may have destroyed Unimatrix One, that is just one focal point for the collective. Originally the Borg were invisioned as an Ant colony. With the introduction of the Queen, they became more like a bee hive. In both cases, the death of the queen does not always mean the end of the colony. Often, a new queen rises(is born or hatched) to replace the previous queen. The Borg may have suffered a major setback, but they are far from being defeated. I suspect that the collective waited to lick their wounds, and make a different plan of attack. Nominally, that is just what happened between the first and second Borg Incursions (2366-7,2371-2).

Also, the Heavy Tactical Drone does have an effect that makes energy weapons useless for a short time. It happened to me several times on both "The Return", and "Assimilation".