View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-19-2011, 07:27 PM
not gonna read all the replys but i can say the poster is right about what he is saying! you do need to keep paying for a game you already paying monthly for! thats not fair.

i don't mind a c-store if the game was "free 2 play" witch it is not ! "YET" i still strongly believe that the game will soon go free2play, there packing the c-store way to fast if you ask me.
and if you want to take other mmo's as example, most of them give/have FREE updates/content! i'v read the reply about world of ******** yes you have to pay for "MAJOR" content updates, people always tend to leave out that blizzard gives small content updates FREE! if you look at STO, don't be the jerk and just think what did we get for FREE ... the weekly missions "good point" what else? Bugs and fixes "my god lucky we don't have to pay extra for that" ehm what else? i'm sure there 1 or 2 more things i can't think off now, now look at there C-Store .. its packed with goodies you have to pay extra for ?! fair or just plain greedy of Cryptic?

i look it at this, i have most of the c-store items why cus i WANT them and thats my weakness sad part of it is Cryptic knows and i'm not alone i bet 90% Trek fans WANT the extra items and thats why Cryptic is gonna keep stuffing the C-store, it will never stop.
i know a company is there to make money and not to give it away but this is plain greedy its a "kill fest" a "pray on the weakness of the fans fest". i can go on all day BUT if cryptic give players the opportunity to get ALL the store items in game true either missions or badges or what ever daily i would be totally ok with the c-store and the way the game goes now! "not that i won't buy stuff any more, i'm lazy and not the farm type" but at least i don't feel mugged.

wel i'm done with my rage, will i stop playing the game now? nah not a chance, not gonna happen still happy with the game.

my idea of how Cryptic can fix the C-store image:
- make every costume item available in game somehow, either by daily missions or by crafting!!
- things that i strongly believe need to be in the c-store are, services, ship bridges, over-powered ships aka Galaxy X and that other new siege type ship, Pre-order items.
- things that are absurd to be in the c-store, RACES really you sell them !! its not bad that you can't create more then 3 chars before you need to service more slots, that you really have to sell new races !! ehmbl that fact makes me so mad every time i think of that !! pff anyways.

PS: i totally know this reply is not gonna solve the c-store or the way it is used by cryptic, sadly, at least that steam is off my chest again. oh and i hope my crapy english is understandable.