View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 115 great response!
01-20-2011, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
I don't mean to be rude, so please understand the following is me simply stating the truth.

I don't think you'll ever see the LTS for STO drop below this price ($239.99 USD).

There's a part of me that would love to eat those words. There's another part of that believes quite strongly that those who pre-ordered the Lifetime Subscription before many even had a chance to play the game in beta deserve to never see that price lower than they paid.

There's another part of me that thinks $299.99 for a lifetime subscription to an MMO, which could provide decades worth of entertainment is an absolutely amazing deal. (And yes, there are some predecessors to the now common "MMO" which are quite good, and have been around for decades. Some of you might remember Gemstone from the old 1200 baud modem days. Heck, I almost wish I could of bought a LTS for EQ!)

I understand that even at this reduced price, a Lifetime Subscription is prohibitively expensive for some. I also firmly believe that this is an absolutely incredible value for your entertainment dollars. In the end, it's up to you whether or not this purchase is worth the price.

Thanks,

Stormshade
I can respect this reasoning!