View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-24-2011, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Campaign as in something PvE story-driven like we have on the Federation side, I was not referring to RvR.
"[...]the KDF will never have as many episodes as the Feds in the short term[...]"
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...&postcount=658
I was not referring to RvR either.

"The team is super excited to continue bringing these new stories into the game as well as continuing the story we start with the Undine/Borg/Fek'ihri/Iconians and the war between the Fed/KLg."
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...42&postcount=2

"We do want to introduce conflict between our main factions in future episodes."
"We really need to go back and tell the story of why the KDF and FED are at war and build some content around that whole neutral zone conflict. I'm not sure how fast we'll be able to make this (we've been talking about it for a while) but I'm hopeful that once UGC is available - the constant content pressure will be off my team enough that we can take a breather and work on something like this."
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...9&postcount=25

"What we really need to do is focus on the entire purpose we set the game to be in a time when the Federation and Klingon faction is at war and develop that storyline and make it an integral part of the game. Right now it is a little bit of everything and it needs focus."
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...36#post2915436

Quote:
The characters would not care if there was content, the players do.
You are confusing content with the ongoing war. Content can be the KvF war just as much as it can be anything else. Will we ever have as much content as the Federation? No. But does this mean that we have to give up being our own faction and instead become a subfaction of the Feds, leeching off their content? I say no to that, too. Aside from taking away the status of Klingons as their own faction with their own politics, this would also mean even less Klingon-specific content, as the devs would just point us to UFP stuff.

And this is not even going into what future factions such as the Romulans would have to expect from such a development. This would really diminish every non-Starfleet character to be an "addon" to the Federation experience like in the TV series, and turn STO into a Starfleet game.

Quote:
The characters would not care if there was content, the players do. Which means if the traitors you mentioned have more content, those would be the players not the characters.
Huh? I don't care for any out-of-character reasons when I am talking about the characters. Someone fighting against the Empire is someone fighting against the Empire, and he would likely have his own reasons to do so - even if his player did not care to provide them, I will keep calling such characters out for what they are.

As for their players, I understand the concern about the amount of content, but at the same time I am somewhat saddened that they would surrender the chances the current political situation gives us.

Quote:
Besides, it's very unlikely that most players would only make one character or more than one character only to have them all on the same side and I'm not sure why this would fracture the Klingons even further because in the current PvP environment it would make no actual difference as I pointed out.
Well, for starters, not every character would (or should) even get to select whether he or she joins this Federation alliance, as the Orion Syndicate is an entity hunted by Starfleet, so Orions and Feds working together is a no-go, and Nausicaans are just as likely to be shunned as the Federation does not employ or support mercenaries. Gorn on the other hand would be far more likely to run over to the Feds as a whole in order to free their government from Klingon rule and defend their regained sovereignty.

As for the question of content itself, why would anyone except roleplayers roll a character for the sub-faction which has access to everything the other side gets minus the Fed-content? It's like you're being offered free refills for your drink and you refuse even whilst still being thirsty after the one cup you got.

Quote:
And throwing the word traitor around in a Klingon forum is a serious accusation when you stop to think about it.
As serious as suggesting to work with an enemy of the Empire, I would think.