View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-24-2011, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
In that case the questions would be: What are your other teammates doing? And why were the carriers allowed to generate 50+ fighters?

I understand what you mean, though, even if I have to say that I very rarely see 3 carriers in a single match.
Personally, I actually wouldn't have anything against some sort of "carrier cap", like, a maximum of 1-2 carriers per match just to get rid of these exceptions. This would also serve the idea of carriers being important flagships and not something you'd see every day.

But if all of the above really would be common sense, then I wouldn't see some of those mistakes being made again and again. Starfleet has gotten noticeably better over the past months, but at least for PuG's it still seems to be a fifty-fifty chance of teamplay being non-existent.
Tbh, i'm fairly certain that I made it into the match after the start of it. That said, when 3 carriers are balled up and healing each other while spewing mobs, most tactics are thrown out the window. Even using my CC abilities i'd be surprised if I put much of a dent in the swarm.

But you are correct, it is rare to see 3 vo'quv's in an arena match. I'm merely saying that multiple carriers in a map are more than likely the source of the upcoming nerfs. Which may very well be overkill. I'm happy that they're simply reducing the spawn sizes, the carrier itself could have been left alone.