View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-25-2011, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Congratulations, Captain!

You know, for anyone who's thinking about getting a lifetime subscription but still isn't sure, I definitely recommend it.

You can play whenever you want and take a break whenever and for as long as you want. There's no urge to play now since you're subscribed. No worries about 'getting your money's worth.' And you just never have to worry about subscription fees anymore.
Absolutely. I'm currently doing my Degree and will be for the next four years. I can't be on half as much as i would like, save for holidays, but i never feel like its 'wasted money'. I take the game at my own pace, do what i can here and there, get on with my coursework and await the holidays. I can concentrate on Uni during the week, and have some time on the weekend for STO with things like Weekly episodes and the forthcoming UGC. Maybe if i was paying monthly i might notice the sting more so, and prehaps i would have unsubcribed till the holidays, but this way i don't have to worry.
I hope i am playing STO for as long as i played WoW, because in five and a half years time, i will have certainly got my money's worth.

And i got Borg Engines tonight Woohoo! If i didn't have Uni tomorrow, i'd be still flying around now with my loving green glow ^^