View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 1 In Search of a Fleet
01-28-2011, 10:10 AM
=/\= Greetings.

The fleet I have been in since STO launched is essentially defunct, and I have numerous alts looking for a good home. I am not in search of just any fleet, I am looking for the one that is right for me. As such, please allow me the opportunity to tell you a little about myself and what I am looking for.

About me;
  • Can tell by my reg date that I am here since launch and a lifer
  • Mature, experienced player
  • Mostly enjoy my solo time doing regular content/explorations etc. but I do enjoy teaming with / helping out others when I can
  • EST Time zone, play mostly evenings and on weekends if the weather is bad
  • Not a RP'er but don't mind at all those who are into it
  • Not really a voice chat-type person as I find it distracting, so Vent/TS are not of great importance to me
  • I have 3 VA's Fed side (Tac, Eng and Sci) and 1 LG Klingon side (Eng). I have various alts of differeing levels as well
  • If you have a website, great! If not, not a big deal
  • Fleet Bank access is not important to me
  • Getting promoted through Fleet Ranks is not that important to me. It is great if you have them though!

What I am looking for;
  • A decent group of friendly, mature people to team with
  • Casual playstyle
  • Regular events (ie. Fleet Actions, STFs, PvP) - very important!
  • Both Fed and Klingon Faction fleets would be awesome
  • Bonus points if you have your own Chat channel (other than the Fleet one)

What I am not looking for;
  • Mandatory playtime requirements (sorry, the wife and RL always trumps STO for me)
  • Mandatory voice chat (I will listen in for STFs if needed)
  • Bank deposit requirements (ie. ALL crafting samples gathered MUST go to the Fleet)
  • Mandatory that ALL my characters MUST be in the Fleet (I have my own personal fleet for most of my characters already, mostly for the storage space).

Your Fleet gets bonus points if; :p
  • You know the answer to the question of why Captain Kirk is climbing a mountain
  • You too were dizzied by the overuse of lens flares, camera shake and horrible script writing of the last "Trek" film (if you can even call it that...)
  • You consider "Galaxy Quest" among your top 3 choices of Star Trek movies
  • You have no problems admitting you have visited the Shatner's Toupee Blog site at least once in the last month OR own a copy of the "Encyclopedia Shatnerica" (+2 if it is the Milennium edition)
  • Find yourself speaking/cursing in Klingon while shooting Feds during PvP matches :p

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and please feel free to PM me here, shoot me a mail in game or a reply here. I am happy (and would prefer) to meet with you in game to learn more about your fleet and to discuss the possibility joining.

Live long and prosper, watch your step around the Tribbles and happy STO gaming to you!