View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2011, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soriedem View Post
I want to thank everyone that has played my missions, Unholy Alliances I - V and Shore Leave with Sori, on Tribble. Your feedback really helps me identify issues and resolve them in order to create even better missions. However, It has been brought to my attention that there is a serious issue that a few people have been experiencing with Unholy Alliances I. Grand Nagus provided proof ( here ), that occassionally some of my NPCs are being killed by the enemy groups before the player can speak to them. If the player can't speak to the prisoners, the mission can not be completed. I was just wondering if anyone knew why this was happening, so that I can resolve the issue and make the mission completeable for everyone. Any thoughts?
I've got some negative reviews on my missions where I think this happens - one of the critical NPCs you need to talk to getting killed.

I worked around it by making his dialogue an automatic popup that will appear even if he is dead. But it's not a very good solution because I imagine it can happen with any NPC. They need to put in the option to make critical contacts invincible (unable to die).

-----------

On a side note, the guys on STOked played Unholy Alliances 1 LIVE today (jump to 1h 2mins in for the start). They encountered a different issue... so maybe you want to watch that episode.