Thread: I'm back
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-31-2011, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
This.

Just about every thread I organized relied on community input and feedback. I've tried to use "organize" versus "created" for that reason. I didn't do any work outside of goofing around in photoshop to support community ideas. It's a sum of the parts is greater than the whole.

The only things I've "created" are pretty pictures: that garnered lots of nostalgic praise for Perpetual but it's putting things into practice and action that makes the difference, i.e. Cryptic actually making an engine and releasing a game.

It's one thing for me to flap my gums and armchair develop but it's another thing entirely to see Cryptic actually make the things we'd like to see in-game.
Well, I was mostly calling it work due to the long hours we were both sure to have put in making our forum posts. As you said, the community did most of the real work on my threads, especially on my compilation thread. Only about a quarter of the ideas on that list were my own. The rest were submitted to me. So the real thanks goes to all the fans that care about the future of STO. I was just a random guy with a little bit too much free-time that cared a little bit too much about STO. Much has changed since then, especially since I don't have the free time to be a forum warrior anymore.

But once again, I am glad to see that STO is finally going in the right direction and I believe STO will carve it's place in the annals of the MMO.