View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-01-2011, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDave View Post
Next, you wrote a Captain's log. Please don't tell my character what to say. He's my character and that's my captain's log, something I am perfectly capable of writing.
Dave your post is almost exactly just what I wanted to say in my own review. Glad to know I'm not the only one to feel this way With that in mind:

* I feel that the Captain's logs and supplementals are too wordy. Mission briefings are also lengthy, please edit for space.

In fact, when I read the extended treatise on "too much resources devoted to weapons and war, not enough to intra-species trafficking" I got the nagging feeling that the author is trying to promote some kind of agenda. Okay, so is he going to preach to me the need for social justice to help reintegrate former Borg drones back into mainstream society? Or free healthcare for Viidians to cure the phage? I play STO to get away from poitics, which is an important part of my life but on my terms not someone's else's. Give me a break here

* The "I am ready to engage the squadrons" dialogue should be rewritten because it's the wrong tone of voice.
* Searching the scanner logs should not be activated by a plant on the bridge.
* Enemy starship mobs seem to be too far apart (the last mob before boarding the Naausican slaver ship) or too close together (the first mob).

My one major complaint: Too many obstacles in the hallway to the Warp core. If it's a permanent setting in the Foundry that all of their hallways are filled with crates, I'll happily direct my ire in that direction. But please for the love of Picard, map authors of all types, just get rid of all the junk!