View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDave View Post
First off, some phasers have stun. Look at a stun hand phaser some time.
Secondly, if all weapons had a stun setting then two things would occur.

1. The shields would never go down so your enemy would basically never die. (plus you can't one hit them or they could one hit you)
2. The bodies would stay. There is a reason why games remove dead NPCs...

Again, you want a simulator, which is fine. STO was never designed for that. It was designed to apeal not only to Star Trek fans but also to non-Star Trek fans. I'm sorry if they have to design missions that don't fit your ideal view all the time but like I said, if you don't like it show us you can do better.
Why would you make Star Trek for non Star Trek fans? That makes no sense. And yeah, you can't kill things with stun because Federation Officers bent over backwards to NOT KILL THINGS. That was a primary goal of the Federation. To seek out not to take out.

Why do you want to kill things? If you want to kill things, you don't want to be in the Federation. You don't want to be a Federation officer. Those people don't join up to kill things! LOL That's my entire point, the Star Trek name has been mutated to satisfy the desire of people to whack things in cyberspace. That's not Star Trek.