View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 21
02-02-2011, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost45 View Post
Personally, Star Trek Online is my favorite game out of anything I've ever played. I've played alot in my life too. When I first made the decision to by lifetime during open-beta I honestly had a little bit of buyers remorse over the price. I've never spent that much on a single game before in one lump some (my City of Heroes account accrued more over time though). I was worried that my interest in this game would fizzle out over time.

In retrospect I feel like I can pat myself on the back for investing in this game. It is the first PC game to pull me away from my console and it keeps getting better and better with the improvements and updates. You guys really did (and continue to do) a great job. You deserve the award. Thanks guys.
When the original lifetime offer was going to be pulled before the official launch date, I thought it was extraordinarily shady. It was as if the company was saying, "Buy it for life, but you can't see it first."

In the year since then, my overall experience has been positive and I enjoy the game, with gripes here and there, mostly to do with annoying bugs, the C-Store, the GUI and that sort of thing.

But congratulations to the dev team, here's to hoping the game remains profitable and they can add new content for a long time to come.