View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 31
02-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
/Subscribed. This is some very good info, thank you!

I recently did some testing on Target SubSystems Shields III. In a nutshell it works out that the combined skill bonus from Starship Operations Training, Starship Sensors, and Starship Sensors Array each help boost the power drain affect of the TSS at a rate of 1 power per 5 skill points. Here are the details:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...2&postcount=84

That's good info, but I'm not listing specifics like that for several reasons. First it varies by rank, so I'd have to list the way skills and aux power and the like affect things at each rank of a power. Second, it can be a rounded value which could get people reporting issues where the math is off, and its very difficult to test that kind of stuff. And finally, its too confusing to list all that information, especially if things change, then I have to go back through and get all that information all over again.

I want the thread to be a good overview of science powers and what they do and how they work, but not down to the precise numbers, because it isn't strictly necessary. The exact numbers are something anyone can go ahead and check in game with their own ships and varied setups, especially so on Tribble.