View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
Ground will never work until after publish. (Unless we manage to somehow massively change the way things currently work.)

Space should work in preview and publish, though. I've found that the real problem is that when ships are at idle, they move, but very slowly and mostly in-place. This makes it seem like your wander stuff isn't working. Set idle weight to 1 and wander weight to something really high and see what happens. And set idle duration low and wander duration high.

Play with it and see if you can make stuff work.
I did try that, including the settings you mentioned are all what the ships in The Syndicate Extraction are using I think. But they are all static. I set also made a test missions where the wander weight and durations high and idles to their minimums (I don't think I could set them to nothing). Could not get them to do more than wiggle in place.

Could this be because the mission has been published before and has pathing stuff processed already? I seem to recall reading a post dstahl made about how publishing worked and how the AI pathing gets added to with each publish. I dunno. That's the only thing I can think of to explain why some old missions don't work and some new ones do.