View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2011, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
Exactly. It often seems to be forgotten that Klingon ideology is based around using as little resources as possible for maximum result. This is why the classic Bird-of-Prey and the D7/K'tinga design kept going for centuries. We already have more Klingon ships than are actually feasible would this game stick closer to canon in terms of faction style - what we are missing are the ships of our independent allies which continue to be forced to fly Klingon vessels despite their NPCs having an array of own designs.
My thoughts as well. We KDF have a fairly well rounded selection of vessels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
I'm currently busy with a lot of work, actually I've got my stuff for University spread across my desk while I'm writing this but when I'm trough in a couple of weeks, I'll go back to designing Gorn ships for another project (a TOS mod for Birth of the Federation).
It always takes time to get me into a proper state of mind since I don't try to think how I'd build a Gorn ship but how the Gorn would design a ship and I'll see if I can come up with some kind of destroyer design that doesn't look too much like the ships I'm making for the TOS mod.
And with a tiny bit of luck it won't be totally ignored like the last Gorn ships I proposed.
Keep in mind that the Novel written on STO "Needs of the Many" sheds alot of light on Gorn infrastructure and how they have speciliazed Gorn for different jobs/tasks. The baseball team they fielded was very interesting, not the slow Gorn of Kirks era.