View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 137
02-04-2011, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
Sorry to be the one to break it to you but this is a video game.

I don't disagree with the principle of risk versus reward but what I object to is legitimate complaints receiving hateful responses regarding peoples' level of intellect. I will grant you that some of the time folks are being way too stubborn and short-sighted. One of the big positives for me about this game is that you're not "forced" (either by conventional wisdom or by game mechanics) into a certain gameplay style or a certain ship fit the way you are in EVE Online.

But the bottom line is that putting in content that only a few people play specifically to lord their talents over "lesser" players and feed their e-self esteem is a waste of Cryptic's limited time and resources. It's fine to put a reward on a high shelf and make people jump to get it. It's not ok to put it in the sky and ask us to fly (or rely on bugs and exploits). That is what this thread and the others are about.
Sorry to be the one to break it to you, but some people end up thinking video games are teh srz bizness. And that demographic is the one likely to spend the most on micros, recruiting friends and spreading word of the game.

I understand what you are saying and logically you are absolutely correct. But I think that an important point that some don't want to deal with is the content was never designed for everyone. It really wasn't.

Regarding the bugs and exploits, no argument. It's asinine and unforgivable we have issues with the Cure and KA this late in the game. I have no disagreement about that. The point about holds is valid, the others...are somewhat valid.

What I am concerned about (and my post wasn't very clear on this, my apologies) is Cryptic going too far the other way.