View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2011, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkaine View Post
Hi there,

as the title suggests I'm looking for a fleet. Since most of the fleets that bump their threads here daily didn't catch my interest I'm asking for recommendations/invitations.
Hello Inkaine

I'm not sure if that list included UFP, but I'll post specifically in regards to your points and you can decide whether UFP is worth checking out or not based on that.

Quote:
What do I want from a fleet:
1. International people (pretty much self explaining)
UFP is absolutely an international fleet, from North America, to many European countries, across to Australia, and just recently South Korea; it's one of our best defining features.

Quote:
2. Activity in PVP
I'm not much of a PvPer myself, though I do like to get involved from time to time. However I know there are regular PvP events, and aside from the spontaneous PvP sessions, there is an unofficial weekly one that's been occurring just lately. Just last night we teamed up with [SF] for some friendly bouts of PvP.

Quote:
3. Nice folks to chat and hang out with after stressful work, doing missions together, esp. STFs (which I haven't done any yet), DSE, War Zones.
UFP's community is of utmost importance to us, and has allowed us to continue to thrive since our founding in 2002 (as a Star Trek gaming fleet). Emphasis here seems to attract the right sort of people and I'm glad to say there's very little drama as a result of that. On the STFs front, we run STFs often during the week so no doubt you'll be able to hop in one that's convenient for you.

Quote:
4. Some RP'ing without the need to strictly divide between IC and OOC, just casual character development. Maybe even a fixed time once a week for RP, that'd be brilliant.
As far as I'm aware there is no official role-playing in our Star Trek Online division, though there could be some RP gathering. However we are very much dedicated to Role-Play in the UFP, but we instead use RPG-X, which is a mod for Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force. It allows incredible flexibility you simply can't get in STO, and it's been improved no end in its development. I'd be happy to tell you more if you're interested in this aspect. We run SRP or Serial Role-Plays twice a week (one on the USS Endeavour post-Nemesis, and another on the USS Galaxy, after her "Generations" style retrofit, pre-Dominion War).

Quote:
5. No "sell your soul" deals. I don't intend to quit any other community membership to join a certain fleet.
Membership in UFP is required for it to be exclusive as far as gaming clans/fleets/guilds are concerned that support Star Trek games. That doesn't include community sites, PBeM RPs, other clans/guilds which support non-Trek games etc. This is a standard practice amongst clans, and for a variety of logical reasons.

Quote:
6. Voice should be optional, not mandatory (of course makes sense in STFs, but sometimes I prefer just to type).
We host an active TeamSpeak 3 channel, and we highly encourage people to use it, however it isn't mandatory unless a specific event requires it, like running through an STF (even if it's just to hear rather than speak).

I saw you mentioned playing Romulans in the future. Personally I'm particularly looking forward to playing the Romulans, and I know UFP will be supporting this faction on release, just as it currently supports the Klingon faction. Right now myself and two web developers in the UFP are preparing our new website (based on vBulletin 4) - currently I'm designing the Federation theme, however both authentic Klingon and Romulan themes will be available throughout the site and forums before the Romulan faction is released.

I hope that's given you some insight, let me know if there are other details you're curious over. Otherwise feel free to visit our website at www.ufplanets.com.

Kind Regards,