View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 24 common sense?
02-06-2011, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
for those interested in the technical side of things, the tool works great - so long as you are dealing with your primary character in the cutscene. The problem with space is that you are not your captain - you are your ship which is a completely different type of "entity" and doesn't know how to obey all the acting rules like "go stand here, then do this emote, then walk over there". Your ship goes... HUH?

Despite this - there is still a way to get cutscenes in space - but it involves creating a lot of extra "acting" logic to get the ships to do what you want them to - so not impossible - just takes a ton of time.

You'll notice we do have a new space cutscene in front of Stranded in Space (and there's always the old intro to the Fed tutorial).
so, um, pardon me for reminding the devs of a feature weve been asking for for a year now, but the solution would seem to be more of a 'time to add that drivers seat view that everyones been asking for' type of thing. You know, the one where we are sitting in the captains chair, on our bridge, looking at the viewscreen and tactical displays?

this would allow you to put in the movement in for space mode, (which im sure you can do) and, id assume its easy enough to get weapons to fire, but this would also give you the ability to do 'on screen' type of communications (think st:tng) where you are interacting with the other captain. this would give you the needed EMOTE options that are lacking in space, and add a little more realism.

Also, the interstellar space view is much better now, however, perhaps giving us a 'bridge view' option where we are sitting on the bridge and looking at the astrometrics display on a console would be nice. Dont know about you, but i usually use autopilot, and lets face it, staring at the back end of my ship as it travles through more or less empty space gets a bit old after , say,. 30 mins. Not such an issue with transwarp and slipstream, but for those of us with chars below admiral this would be a much wanted improvment.