View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi'a Meese
Did the novels ever tell of the Captain's entire starship making a visit?
No, in the novels/short stories the Captain's Table could only be entered through a door on a planet or space station, and only by the ship's captain.

Quote:
Did the visiting Captain's ever see the space station from the outside? Or did they just have view ports to peek from?
As I recall, the Captain's Table was windowless. Also, since the Table is apparently outside time and space (the captain of the H.M.S. Titanic is in there, more or less catatonic), the interior is technically incorrect. It's always been depicted as closer to an English pub than the high-tech rec room we have now (not that this is a big deal for me, I'm just sayin'). edit: Never mind, it takes on whatever appearance the individual patron wants, so the current look is fine.

Quote:
Wasn't the entrance to the Captain's Table random doorways? On planets? On the starships themselves?
Yeah, on planets and space stations. I don't think anyone ever accessed it from inside a starship.

If I had my druthers, the Captain's Table would be accessible through ground doors in every major social hub (ESD, SB 39, K-7, DS9, Drozona, and Qo'nos). A transwarp doorway (with a seperate cooldown from the other transwarps thank you) would also be acceptable, in addition to the doors. I don't think that it should be accessible from ship interiors, though.