View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
If the Romulan Empire collapses into a civil war, then I would not be surprised to see missions where Feds + Roms are fighting against KLG + Roms.

Or maybe even more specific than that...

Maybe it is Remans+Feds vs. Rom+Kdf+Hirogen

you can see - there are a lot of ways we can go with it... nothing is for certain... except that we want to focus back on the conflict between the Federation and KDF and adding a Romulan faction will play into that somehow...

well at least until the Iconians arrive to destroy everyone
Can I just say... I'm really glad you're thinking about these kinds of things.

But not only was I never fully clear on Spock making reunification his life's work (it never totally clicked for me watching the shows as I was growing up) but his life kinda does seem like a waste now after the thought exercise I went through for this earlier. *sigh*

Spock failed and went off to live in a parallel universe cleaning up a colossal failure so big that it wrecked two universes, while his failure continues to fester in the Prime Universe. It's depressing.

Hm. Anyway...

I've been thinking about this for a variety of reasons but Mirror Universe Romulus. Wouldn't that be of interest to some people...? It seems like the Mirror folks, despite being petty, backwards, backstabbers... * Well, they may actually have something people in our universe would want.

* - I still think there's a pretty big story with how the Empire built up to its current levels in just 30 years. My money is that the Iconians wanted an outside party to help purge the galaxy, which potentially makes the TE that much darker.