View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-10-2011, 10:36 PM
If anyone wants to see Star Trek ship designs that are 'acceptable' find "Star Ship Creator" and/or "Star Ship Creator Warp 2". There are all sorts of various designs that have 1, 2, 3, or 4 warp nacelles. One I saw that would great in STO is a Galaxy class that has 4 nacelles, but the nacelles are thiner and longer then the stardard ones. It gives the ship a different look, but still has a classic feel.

I would love to see far more parts for us to pick and choose from, and maybe have the parts effect what 'bonus' stats the ship has to offer. This would not likely happen, since Paramount/CBS so strongly controls content decisions. It is sad that our little sand box threatens them so much. Like we could even hope to seek ownership. Or worse make something far better then they might design.

In the end, ship hulls are just a fancy bling bling we want to show off to others. And the more options we have is all the more work/bug fixing that Cryptic probably does not always have time to invest in. Atleast we have a Star Trek game to enjoy. I was trying to get the old Taldren 'StarFleet Command' games to work for my Trek fix. Nice to see Cryptic UI came out a bit simular to that great classic.