View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2011, 11:51 PM
I've been a proponent of an abbreviated level track for the next STO factions for awhile. I'm not a huge fan of the level 6 and unlock KDF, but it was my reality even if they change this in the future, but I do not believe that there are enough canon ships, ranks and material for a full 1-51 level progression for any remaining faction. If there was not enough for the Klingons, Gorn, Orion and Nausicaans there is not enough for the Romulans or Cardassians, even if you add in Hirogen and Jem'Hadar.

This is the list of basic essentials I made for the Romulans

Quote:
My basic list
A Romulan faction that feels Romulan even if aligned with other factions. Not like the Gorn et alia in the KDF, but a separate entity.
Gameplay that reflects Romulan sensibilies. The Feds have their Diplomatic Corps, the Klingons need a house system and the Romulans should have something their own, something rooted in deception.
A backstory/storyline that acknowledges the deep rooted animosity between the Romulans and Klingons, as well as the cat and mouse nature of their relationship with the Federation.
A level progression that reflects both the current situation "in universe" as well as the rich Trek history of the Romulans. It does not need to be 1-51+ but whatever the levels it should capture the Romulan essence.
For me this list essentially applies to all future factions, inserting the proper canon concepts where applicable. I think it is more realistic to see a list like this met if they don't have to worry about 51+ levels worth of content.