View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-13-2011, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Once again, I'm not saying that the devs should not fix this problem, because they most certainly should. I even try to help them with this by maintaining a known issues thread.

However I do have a problem with your statement here.

Saying that you shouldn't have to deal with other players in an MMO, where playing a game with other people is the entire point of the genre, is like saying that you shouldn't have to handle a ball in order to play football.

MMOs often have missions or goals that can only be accomplished by multiple players working together. That's the entire point behind it being an MMO.
I don't think he's saying what you think he's saying. He's saying that a mission that is supposed to be completable by a single-player should be completable by a single-player. He shouldn't need to ask for help simply because the game won't work the way it's supposed to. I didn't get the 'I shouldn't have to deal with other players in an MMO' impression.

I've experienced the rally point error as well. Fortunately it wasn't on a mission that required using rally point so I wasn't SOL. To those who have never seen nor heard of this, your BO's just stop responding to rally points. In the mission where this happened to me, they wouldn't rally beyond a certain area. Actually, they wouldn't enter that area at all until I had finished that part of the mission. I had to shoot a bad guy and run back to my BO's to get them to fight. I could also go back the way I had come and rally points worked fine. Not an issue if you don't use rally points, but frustrating (and potentially showstopping) if you rely on them.

I seem to recall this being mentioned (by a dev?) as potentially related to the 'my BO's hardly shoot NPC's' issue, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

In any event, it does need to be fixed. Or renamed to AWOL Point.

Z