View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-14-2011, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
What about Tier 0 BoPs?

They are only slightly larger than a Toron shuttle (which surprised the heck out of me) when I flew up to one in my little Toron. In fact, it would make more sense to use a BoP. First is that they are of similar apparent mass to the Toron (unless Cryptic just completely lost the plot with / failed at scaling), second is that the BoP can cloak, so would make for a better reconnaissance vessel than the shuttle. Third is that it has superior offensive and defensive abilities than the shuttle, so would be viewed as the only viable option between the two by Klingons.

Also, why does the D'kyr get a free shuttle but not the Varanus or the Orion ship? Both can summon ships to help them like the D'kyr; so to be fair, why not give one or both the ability to use their shield ships / fighters as a shuttle (for missions like the vault)?

While I'm on the subject, why would the captain of a KDF carrier choose to take in a shuttle instead of one of the BoPs or fighter compliment he has aboard his ship?

Why is it that the KDF ends up feeling like an afterthought in this mission?
The scaling isn't really off. BOPs are tiny ships. Watch Star Trek 4 again. They are more like corvettes or patrol boats than anything else.