View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 19 mehh....
02-18-2011, 01:51 PM
Mehhh...

the foundry is good, because it lets the community amuse themselves by making missions, new twists and ideas when no real new content is coming out by the developers. For myself, I'll get more into the whole making my own content, when I have my favourite STO race as a faction, the Romulans.

Personally, I think cryptic should invest in making all the factions playable ASAP, even if it is only a bare bones faction similar to how the Klingons started out. Is it ideal, no. But, neither is having to wait 2-3 years for the third faction. I'm glad I'm a Romulan fanboy, because I would hate having to be a Cardassian or Dominion fanboy...projected playable faction is probably a decade from now.

All I'm saying is the foundry is a great idea, but another great idea would be allowing everyone to be able to play for the faction they love, even at the most basic level...for as user generated content shows, players have a way of keeping themselves amused if you give them the basic tools to do so.

So, until the Romulans come out, I'll be staying off line testing out other game options.