View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-22-2011, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
Since we're talking in general, no, this does not count. If I had written "Now, take me as an example, Rekhan gave me a 1-point infraction for trolling, which was also totally undeserved..." <- we'd have a problem. *hopes everyone will keep on not commenting on their infractions, because else she will have to be mean and smack people*
If you get an infraction, you'll also be told in your PM to not PM the moderators about it but instead open a Community Ticket. If you, say, then try to PM me, you'll get an automated reply in German and English again asking you to submit a Community Ticket.

Tiberion1701: Ignoring them empowers you.
So what if they made a bad posting? Report it, ignore it, move on. Talk about what you wanted to talk about. If folks would do THAT instead of replying (or, worse, QUOTING and replying) the thread would not even be derailed and the fishing attempt be burried.

Not only that, but trying to give payback will increase the chances of getting smacked instead of the poster who attempted to troll. And "I was only defending you guys", while nice and all, still breaks the rules.
Where did I defend engaging trolls? I didn't.

I am saying:

Trolls almost always "win" in that they will always get people to respond (even if this was stickied in every forum, and required reading before you post a reply every time) and that many times their trolling isn't dealt with for hours, and by that time the perfectly useful feedback or bug report thread is buried under the efforts of the troll.

And that the definition of "troll" sometimes seems to be a bit narrow, since the same offenders keep doing them same thing for weeks until they get bored (and their posts go unedited) and thus people are given the impression that what they're doing is okay, and thus respond in kind.

So I applaud this effort to inform posters how to handle trolls, if we all make an effort to follow this, things would be better.

But if its bad enough to warrant this reminder, it might also mean a little more effort on the other end is required, that the repeat offenders who have learned to "toe the line" without crossing it get a little more scrutiny;

That's all I am saying.