View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-26-2011, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I am designing a mission where upon entering a system you load on to your ship's bridge, have some dialogue with an enemy ship, and then load to your space map and fight them. However, when you go from the bridge map to the space map, it shows your characters beaming out. Do you think this ruins the feeling of whats going on?
It breaks my immersion to play on maps that are supposed to represent my bridge when they are quite obviously not,unless somehow the designer just happened to pick the same bridge I use on a particular ship that I'm playing the mission on. Chances of authors getting it right every time is like trying to hit a bullet with a smaller bullet whilst wearing a blindfold, riding a horse.

My suggestion is that until there's a way to tie in the player's actual maps, to 'write around' having to actually show player-customized areas. Or do it like the revamped SS Azura mission, where you construct an area of your ship that is either normally unseen or use a standardized room like the transporter room (not sure if they've added transporter room assets to Foundry yet, it's been so long). Also, that may not work when the TOS and/or other player ship interiors are released. Writing around displaying your own ship interior sounds like the safer option.