View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF_Mudd
("but our princess is in another castle!" :p )

I just made RA for the first time the other day, and suddenly I'm being subjected to this every time I talk to an NPC.

"I have a mission for you, Rear Admiral, Lower Half."
"Well done, Rear Admiral, Lower Half."
"What can I get you, Rear Admiral, Lower Half?"

It's like tribbles screeching - ignorable, but incredibly annoying. And just when I thought I could ease off a little on the grind, after finally getting out of wallowing Exploration Cruisers and into my sleek new Sovereign; now it looks like I'll just have to keep going until I hit the cap and Vice Admiral, which sounds much better.

(Actually, if I had my druthers, I'd prefer to officially stay a Captain while enjoying the privileges - T5, etc - of higher level. Picard didn't need to be an admiral to command the Ent-E. But I digress.)

I understand that it's probably simplest to just let the game use one variable for rank everywhere. But is there any way the conversation scripts can be changed, or a substitution added, so that NPCs address you as simply "Rear Admiral" or even "Admiral", the way sane people would?

EDIT: For that matter, are privileges tied to rank or to level? Would it be possible for a "Captain 20" to fly T5 ships, at the cost of not having top-level skills or spending skill points that would get him promoted to RA? And if so, could I respec and/or petition for my character's level to be reset thus?
I being in the military totaly agree with ya. i wish that they could make it simpler