View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
The Romulan Star Empire is much smaller than the the United Federation of Planets or Klingon Empire. Thus, when their entire proletariat class rises up in open rebellion, Sela stepping in makes sense.
That reminds me of the 90's Iraq war movie "Three Kings" with George Clooney in the lead role. He and two other soldiers are searching for hoarded Iraqi gold stolen by Saddam, and they manage to steal one of Saddam's limos and a few other vehicles because they have no transportation. They head to an Iraqi town for whatever reason, and upon arriving, The townspeople wail "Saddam is coming to kill us!!!".

It was ridiculous in that movie (as intended), and is ridiculous in this episode.

Quote:
The arrogance of showing up in your own Scimitar (which made for an epic battle) fits Sela's character nicely.
No it doesn't. Hiding in the shadows and pulling the strings fits Sela's character, if you go by the three times she had appeared in TNG (which are the only references to go by).

Quote:
After Haakev's failure, why would Sela trust anyone else to do her job for her?
Sela arrives roughly five minutes after you kill Hakeev! She wouldn't have been informed of his failure, beamed up to her warbird, then hauled ass over to the Tal Shiar base to arrive just in time to catch you. She must have been enroute already, which means she was poking her imperial nose into the situation anyway. Sela isn't even a hands-on kind of Romulan. She's a manipulator, not a do-er.

Quote:
It's on the roof. If you got the cutscene with the fire from the scorpion fighter, you reached the console too late and can't interact with it.
Ohhhh, so that's what that was! I should've brought my fire extinguisher. Hey Stahl, can you set up the episode so that we can complete that optional after the scorpion fighter attacks if we have a fire extinguisher and put the fires out??