View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 667
03-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
The TNG Film and Red Squad updates are complete. Just a few more to go.

Great news! Thanks!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
As I explained above that would be hard to do and would only be able to represent the standard canon uniforms at most. Any variants (medical, cadet, mirror) would still need to be manually set. Also, they would still be wrong anyway, because in canon Red does not equal Tactical and Gold does not equal Engineer.

Personally, I think that adding a color and number designation to each row and column like this to the in-game color pallet would make it easier.

Sorry about that. Had I seen your earlier post I wouldn't have brought this subject again. Your idea would make it easier and hope you or someone puts it forward as a suggestion to STO's PTB.

I don't suppose there's been anything from the devs about whether they have any plans to add changeable rank insignia to the TWOK uniforms? Given the freedom of uniform usage Starfleet have nowadays, I'd very much like one of my BO's to be a time transplanted officer from the late 23rd century and have him or her still wearing TWOK uniform but don't feel right having them in it and wearing the captain's rank insigna...unless I made them my XO or Chief Engineer just as Captain Spock was XO and Captain Scott was Chief Engineer to Captain Kirk on the Enterprise-A.